Squeaky Wheel Productions
Squeaky Wheel Productions, Inc. is a nonprofit community media organization whose mission is to promote and foster public awareness of points of view, news and information — generally ignored or marginalized in the media — in order to encourage a more just and democratic global community.
OCTOBER 8: JEREMY SCAHILL keynoted Between The Lines' 25th Anniversary Forum in New Haven, CT
Video excerpt of Jeremy Scahill's "Drones, Terrorism and The President," on Oct. 8, 2016
at Between The Lines' 25th anniversary in association with PROUDEYEMEDIA on Vimeo.
Download or stream Part One audio of Jeremy Scahill's Two-Part speech here on Election 2016:
Download or stream Part Two audio of Jeremy Scahill's Two-Part speech here on Foreign Policy and Drone Warfare:
Award-winning author, a founding editor of The Intercept and filmmaker for the Oscar-nominated documentary, "Dirty Wars: The World is a Battlefield" Jeremy Scahill was the keynote speaker at Between The Lines Radio Newsmagazine's 25th Anniversary Celebration on Saturday, Oct. 8, 2-4 p.m. 270 Temple St., in New Haven, CT. Scahill's speech, "Drones, Terrorism and The President," addressed America's endless wars, "targeted assassinations" and the critical policy decisions facing our next president, issues largely ignored by U.S. corporate media. Scahill signed his latest book, "The Assassination Complex," which has a foreword by Edward Snowden and afterword by Glenn Greenwald
Democracy in Action Awards were presented to: New Haven community activist Barbara Fair, the Dragonfly Climate Collective and Unidad Latina en Acción
Community co-sponsors: Progressive Action Roundtable at PAR-newhaven.org, The Greater New Haven Peace Council, a chapter of The U.S. Peace Council at USpeacecouncil.org, Promoting Enduring Peace and The Middle East Crisis Committee.
Proceeds benefit Squeaky Wheel Productions, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit distributor of Between The Lines radio newsmagazine.
For more information, call (203) 268-8446.
- The award-winning, Oscar-nominated documentary "Dirty Wars" website
- "Dirty Wars -- Full Documentary USA 2013"
- Scahill talks about his latest book, "Dirty Wars, The World is a Battlefield," also made into a documentary film under the same title and was nominated Dec. 5, 2013 for an Academy Award in the Best Documentary Feature category. Interview with Scott Harris, Sept. 16, 2013, on CounterpointRadio.org
Jeremy Scahill is one of the three founding editors of The Intercept. He is an investigative reporter, war correspondent, and author of the international best-selling books "Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield" and "Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army." Scahill has served as the national security correspondent for The Nation and Democracy Now! and was twice awarded the prestigious George Polk Award. Scahill is a producer and Oscar-nominated filmmaker of "Dirty Wars," which also premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
Help us spread the word:
- Audio PSA for radio stations
- Audio PSA (WPKN Radio version only)
- Download flyer
- Download 2-up flyers (front)
- Download 2-up flyers (back)
- Download press release
United Church on the Green
270 Temple St., New Haven, CT (corner of Temple and Elm Streets).
From Interstate 91 North and South
Take Exit 3 - Trumbull Street. Make sure to be in the center lane (Trumbull Street) as you approach the stoplight.
At the third stoplight on Trumbull (passing Orange St. and Whitney Ave.), turn left onto Temple Street, a one-way street. The United Church on the Green is at the corner of Temple and Elm.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Due to construction, the parking lot on Temple just before Elm Street is closed. ***
1) 323 Temple Street (corner of Wall Street and Temple) behind the United Church on the Green Parish House, but can only hold 50 cars
2) 32 Elm Street - All-Day Saturday: $3.00 Only credit cards accepted
3) Street parking, or see NHParking.com for additional parking